- Types of Personal Information Collected by Prestige
- When Prestige Collects Your Personal Information
- How Prestige Uses Your Personal Information
- Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information
- Data Retention Practices
- Protecting Personal Information
- Raising a Complaint
- Contact Details
- California Consumer Privacy Act Rights and Additional Information
2. Types of Personal Data Collected by Prestige
Personal Data is defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual either on its own or when combined with other available data.
Information Prestige Collect from You
Prestige collects information that you provide directly to us or through this website. The categories of Personal Data you may provide Prestige include:
- first and last name
- age/date of birth
- mailing address
- telephone number
- email address
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- demographic information and any other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, and
- any other identifier that permits Prestige to contact you
3. When Prestige Collects Your Personal Data
Prestige collects your Personal Data as follows:
- when you voluntarily provide it to us on the website or offline
- when you sign up to receive emails, alerts, or other communications
- when you communicate with us either on the website or offline,
- when you participate in Prestige surveys, contests, or promotions, and
- from third-party sources
Prestige will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose, or as otherwise required by law.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
Prestige’s uses your Personal Data for various purposes including:
- Providing website functionality and fulfilling your requests. This includes, for example, providing a tailored website experience and responding to your questions, suggestions, and/or complaints submitted through Prestige’s online contact forms.
- Meeting pharmacovigilance-related obligations. Reports of adverse events related to a Prestige product will be reviewed and shared in order to comply with Prestige’s pharmacovigilance-related obligations including reporting to relevant health authorities. In these circumstances, only details about the incident are reported and only limited Personal Data is shared (e.g., age, gender, and initials of a patient or initials, profession, and contact information of a reporting physician or pharmacist).
- Providing you with our marketing materials and other information. Prestige uses your Personal Data to send you marketing-related emails, with information about Prestige’s products, services, and other news about the company. Recipients of marketing-related emails may opt-out of receiving these types of communications.
- Providing personalized services. Prestige uses your data to understand your interests and preferences so that Prestige can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- Allowing participation in surveys, contests, and promotions. Prestige uses your data to offer you the opportunity to participate in (and to track your participation in) surveys, contests, and promotions. Some of these surveys, contests, or promotions include additional information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Data. Please read this additional information before choosing to participate.
- Accomplishing Prestige’s business purposes. Prestige uses personal data to continually improve its business. For example, we may use data analysis to improve the efficiency of our website or to help us understanding which parts of our products and services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
5. Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, Prestige, for business purposes, disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to third-parties:
- Personal Information categories (e.g., name and contact information)
- Commercial information
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., “cookies” or other tracking tags)
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
Prestige may disclose Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third-parties:
- Affiliated or Related Entities: Prestige shares your Personal Data with our affiliated or related entities as necessary to carry out the purposes for which the information was supplied or collected.
- Business Partners and/or Service Providers: Prestige uses third-parties to assist with the running of the website and providing our products and services including, for example, web-hosting providers and IT providers. To obtain these services, Prestige needs to share your Personal Data with such third-parties.
In addition, Prestige may disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- If Prestige sells or buys any business or assets, we may confidentially disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, including to permit the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction,
- If all or substantially all of Prestige’s assets are acquired by a third-party, Personal Information held by Prestige about its customers will be one of the transferred assets,
- If Prestige is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation,
- If necessary, to protect the vital interests of a person,
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to establish, exercise, or defend the rights of Prestige, our employees, customers, or others,
- To third-party sponsors of surveys, contests, and providers, and
- With your consent
6. Data Retention Practices
Prestige retains your Personal Information no longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed and in accordance with Prestige’s data retention policy, except as required by applicable law or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Protecting Personal Information
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Prestige has implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or modification.
These measures are regularly reviewed, evaluated, and updated to proactively identify new or emerging security threats.
Where data processing is carried out on Prestige’s behalf by a third-party, Prestige takes steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information.
This website is not directed at children, and Prestige will not knowingly accept or request Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16, subject to applicable law, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases, in accordance with our deletion procedures; or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent in accordance with applicable law.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates, including social media networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data privacy policies, and Prestige does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
10. Raising a Complaint
12. Contact Details
Prestige Consumer Healthcare, Inc.
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York, United States 10605
California Consumer Privacy Act Rights and Additional Information
Residents of California are afforded specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). These rights are discussed below and apply only to residents of California.
California residents have the following rights related to their Personal Information:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose the following to you: (1) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; (3) the categories of sources from which we have collected your Personal Information; (4) the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed for a business purpose; and (5) the categories of third parties to whom we have shared your Personal Information. You also have the right to request that we disclose the business purpose(s) for collecting or sharing your Personal Information.
- Right to Access. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. When requested (as described below), we will provide, free of charge, the Personal Information as required by the CCPA. To the extent possible, the information will be provided in a portable and commonly used format so that it can be transferred to another entity.
- Right to Request Deletion. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information. Upon verifying the validity of your deletion request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, and direct any service providers to delete your information, as required by the CCPA.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. To exercise the right to Opt-Out, please click the following button and check the box near “Do not sell my information”.
DO NOT SELL MY INFORMATION
- Right to Non-discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against in service or price if you exercise any of your CCPA data privacy rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and Prestige may be entitled to refuse or limit the requests, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
Exercising Your Rights under the CCPA
Except as provided under the CCPA, there is no charge for the exercise of your legal rights. However, if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, Prestige may either: (a) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or (b) refuse to act on the request.
Verifying Consumer Requests
Prestige verifies each data subject access request individually and confirms that the request is made by the individual owner of the email address used for or provided in connection with such request. In order to do this, we require confirmation from each data subject of their name and email address. If Prestige is not reasonably able to confirm the identity of the person making the request, we may require additional information in order to confirm such identity. Where Prestige has reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may deny and closeout such request.
Effective Date: April 22, 2021
Last Updated: April 22, 2021